APPLICATIONS TO VOLUNTEER AT THE 2017 BPMF ARE NOW OPEN!
Volunteers are a group of special people that work behind the scenes to help the festival day run smoothly. These people work 5 hours prior or during the festival in exchange for a festival ticket.
It's the perfect way to get involved and gain some experience if you are studying events and meet some amazing people along the way.
There are limited positions available so get in quick! Be a part of the buzz!
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
- Volunteers will be required to work 5 hours before, during or after the festival. You will also be required to attend an induction/briefing before the festival to explain your role on the day (dates to be confirmed closer to the festival)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- We need many volunteers to ensure The Big Pineapple Music Festival runs smoothly and patrons have the best experience possible. Preference will be given to volunteers that have proven their commitment at previous festivals. We also look highly upon those who:
- are willing to be assigned to any task to get the job done
- are flexible e.g. willing to work any hours during the festival
- don't mind missing the big headlining bands
- are interested in working additional hours to the designated 5 hour shift
- have any special skills or experience useful for the festival
As a volunteer of The Big Pineapple Music Festival you will essentially represent the festival to both patrons and public at large. At all times exhibit a positive and friendly approach with the purpose of ensuring festival attendees, staff, volunteers and artists have an enjoyable and memorable experience. Our requirements for volunteers of The Big Pineapple Music Festival are as follows:
- reliable and once you have committed to your role, complete the minimum 5 hours required before, during or after the festival
- remain under the direction of your Volunteer Manager at all times
- carry out the duties allocated to you
- punctual and arrive on time, preferably 15 mins early
- must not use, possess or be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol at any time while volunteering
- report to your area manager before and after your shift
- notify Volunteer Manager if you are unable to attend your shift in advance
- remain calm and cheerful under pressure
- treat patrons, staff and fellow volunteers with respect and courtesy
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Set Up/ Pack Down Pre & Post festival - non specialised, light labour skills e.g. signage
- Waste Management/Cleaning/Rubbish Disposal
SPECIALIST VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
- Artist Support (reference essential) working under the artist liason to provide accreditation, transport artists and their equipment between stages
- Volunteer position details
- Gate Attendants will be a friendly happy face welcoming festival patrons and providing them with direction and information on how to redeem tickets for wristbands with the support of security personnel. Helping the flow of patrons through the front gate and reminding them to get their tickets, ID and bags ready for inspection.
- Ticket Attendants will be responsible for ticket scanning at the front gates (training provided) and issuing of wristbands.
- Set Up/ Pack Down Pre & Post festival These positions are fundamental in creating and maintaining the festival site. It is important to have a SAFE festival site at all times. Much of the work will be required in the week leading up to the festival, however there is also a demand for early morning before the festival gates open and late evening after the festival closes. Tasks include light labour e.g. constructing fences & barriers, setting up tables & chairs, assisting with signage, decorations etc
- Information Desk This position requires a friendly and helpful person to support festival patrons with information and direction around the festival site. You will need to have an outgoing personality, effective communication skills and ability to problem solve. This area will also be used as a cloak room. Great for those that are training in the event field!
- Waste Management/Cleaning/Rubbish Disposal is an essential role at any festival! As part of the waste management team you will be assisting festival goers with recycling, emptying bins, wheeling bins to new locations and keeping the general area clean and tidy and therefore safe. There will also be a clean up directly after the festival and the following day.
- Camping Assistants will be responsible for scanning pre-purchased tickets and directing campers to their camping spots under the guidance of a Camping Manager. These positions will be from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon.
- Parking Assistants will be work under the guidance of the Parking Marshall to help guide festival goers into the designated parking areas.
- Volunteer Support involves assisting the Volunteers Manager and supporting other festival volunteers in their roles. Be able to fill in volunteer roles as required. Assisting in the volunteers area to help supply food and water to fellow volunteers. BBQ skills are a must!